Monday, January 24, 2011

Floating in the Dead Sea




The morning tour took us to the Roman city of Jerash which was founded in the time of Alexander the Great.

The ruins are extensive, giving a good idea of how large and grand this city was.  In the ampitheatre, we were entertained, first, by our guide who sang to demonstrate how sound and voice carried well in this place, and then by some musicians playing drums and bagpipes (which originated in this part of the world).

Me, checking out the acoustics











Amman City

Amman from the Citodel


Leaving my mum behind in Amman where she planned to visit the Citodel, I went with the rest of the group to a resort on the Dead Sea so that I could have the opportunity to experience what it is like to float in water that has a 30% salt density. It was awesome and weird at the same time. The water felt like gel all over my body. I then covered my body with Dead Sea mud and then washed it off in the sea after it had dried. My skin was like a baby's bottom all over.

2 comments:

  1. Why thank you Alexandra, what an interesting name you have! Almost better than your original name :P

    ReplyDelete